American Heart Month
What are you doing to protect your heart?
No, I’m not talking about whether or not you’ve kept true to the promise you made to yourself to stop calling your ex (but really, you should).
I’m talking about what you are doing to keep your heart physically healthy.
Here’s a list of just the common heart diseases. But definitely check here (*click* ) to find out more about symptoms and causes.
- Rheumatic heart disease
- Hypertensive heart disease
- Ischemic heart disease
- Cerebrovascular disease
- inflammatory heart disease
I’ll bet you think you’re too young to be concerned with heart disease – but ask anyone over thirty how quickly age sneaks up on you.
Keeping your heart healthy is a side effect of an overall healthy lifestyle (I say that like it’s easy, right?), but there are a few little things you can do that target heart health specifically:
- Use spices to season your food instead of salt. It can still be tasty, I promise. Pick up some Mrs. Dash the next time you go shopping!
- Make time for physical activity. If you can’t make it to the gym six days a week like me – and by that, I mean driving by – take a walk. Sacrifice a mere 15 minutes of your lunch break to a healthier heart.
- Don’t smoke! No ifs, ands, or butts! (see what I did there?)
And remember, less stress leads to a healthier heart.
Wait, so… I guess that means not calling your ex DOES keep your heart physically healthy!
See you soon!
-Tierre @ Desert Jewel Esthetics